On the left hand side of your Google Drive look for link ‘Share with me’. Click the link. The folder listing on the right hand side of your Google Drive will show all the folders and files that have been shared with you. Click on either the folder or file to open it up.
How do I access someone else’s Google Drive?
On your computer, go to drive.google.com. Click the folder you want to share. At the top right, click Get shareable link. Choose whether people can edit or view.
Share with a Google Group
- Create a Google Group.
- Add members to the group.
- Share the file or folder with the group.
If a file won’t open, a few things could be wrong: The file owner didn’t give you permission to view the file. You’re signed in to a different Google Account. Your access could be denied because someone removed your permission to view the file.
You can put the shortcut inside your “My Drive” or any Drive that’s shared with you.
- Go to drive.google.com.
- On the left, click Shared with me.
- Select the files or folders to which you want to add a shortcut.
- Right click the files or folders you selected. Add shortcut to Drive.
- Choose a folder.
- Click Add shortcut.
4.1 Share files or folders
- Choose an option: …
- Click Share or Share .
- Under “Share with people and groups,” enter the email address you want to share with.
- To change what people can do to your item, on the right, click the Down arrow. …
- Choose to notify people. …
- Click Share or Send.
Can anyone see my Google Drive files?
The files and folders in your Google Drive are private by default until you decide to share them. You can share your documents with specific people or you can make them public and anyone on the Internet can view the shared files.
When the latest update is downloaded and installed, you need to click Relaunch and Chrome will restart. Incorrect settings may also cause Google Drive “Shared with me” not appearing. Resetting Chrome can effectively fix the error.
View & open files
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Log into your Google account with your username and password. …
- Double-click a file.
- If you open a Google Doc, Sheet, Slides presentation, Form, or Drawing, it will open using that application.
You can use shared drives in Google Drive to store, search, and access files with a team. Shared drive files belong to the team instead of an individual. Even if members leave, the files stay in place so your team can keep sharing information and work anywhere, from any device.
When you share a link to a file, your name will be visible as the owner of the file.
- Open the file you want to share.
- Tap Share or Share .
- Under “Get Link,” on the right, tap the Down arrow .
- Choose who to share the file with.
- To decide what people can do with your file when you share it, select an option. …
- Tap Copy.