Go to the accounts section of settings, then tap on the shared mailbox account. Click on Delete Account to remove the shared mailbox from your mobile device.
How do I remove a shared mailbox from Outlook?
- In Outlook, click on File, and then click the Account Settings drop down, and select the Account Settings option.
- In the Account Settings box, click the account you wish to remove, and hit the “Remove” button.
- Confirm that you wish to remove the account by clicking yes.
You can expand or collapse the shared mailbox folders as you can with your primary mailbox. You also can remove the shared mailbox from your Folder list. To remove it, right-click the shared mailbox, and then click delete.
When you delete a mailbox, the mailbox is disconnected from the associated user account, and the account is removed from Active Directory. The disconnected mailbox is hidden and marked for removal. … For more information, see Connect or restore a deleted mailbox.
How do I delete a mailbox in Office 365 without deleting a user?
- Remove the Exo License.
- Clear the mailbox info as before: Set-User Jon@contoso.com -PermanentlyClearPreviousMailboxInfo.
- Resync – ensure the MSExchangeGuid is Synced.
- Re-add Exo License to mailuser in 365.
Removing Shared Folders
- In the folder list in Outlook, right-click on the name of the folder you are currently sharing and choose Properties.
- On the Permissions tab of the new window, click to highlight the name(s) of the individual(s) with whom you are sharing and click Remove.
How do I delete a mailbox in Outlook 365?
Select File > Account Settings > Account Settings. On the Email tab, select the Exchange account, then click Change > More Settings. On the Advanced tab, under Open these additional mailboxes, select the other person’s mailbox and then select Remove.
Removing Access to a Shared Mailbox
- Open Outlook.
- In the Navigation Pane, locate the shared mailbox and right-click on the root mailbox name. …
- Select Data File Properties….
- Select the Permissions tab.
- Select the individual you wish to remove.
- Select Remove.
- Select OK.
If this shared mailbox is an Exchange online mailbox, you could take step below to delete it with command/script:
- Connect to Exchange online with PowerShell.
- Delete shared mailbox with command: Remove-Mailbox onlineshared.
Right-click (or Control Click) the shared mailbox to be removed in the folders pane on the left side of the window. Select Remove Shared Account. The shared mailbox should now be removed from your list of email folders. If it does not disappear right away, restart Outlook.
How do I remove a mailbox?
How to remove a mailbox
- Take a box off the post. If you do not intend to put a new mailbox on an existing post you may skip this step. …
- Take a box off the wall. Wall mounted boxes are held on by screws. …
- Remove a buried post from the ground. …
- Remove a pedestal mounted post. …
- Fill the hole.
How do I delete a mailbox from Outlook?
Remove or delete an email account from Outlook
- From the main Outlook window, select File in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select the account you want to delete, then select Remove.
How do I delete a mailbox without deleting the user?
Delete Exchange mailbox without deleting User account
- Step 1 : Disable Mailbox. Open Exchange Management Shell. Disable mailbox powershell command : Disable-Mailbox email@example.com. …
- Step 2 : Delete mailbox. The disabled mailbox will be stored in the database for up to 14 days. Get-MailboxDatabase.
How do I delete a remote mailbox?
Use the “Disable-RemoteMailbox” cmdlet to remove mailboxes from the cloud-based service but keep the associated user objects in the on-premises Active Directory. The user account that’s associated with the mailbox remains, but it’s no longer associated with a mailbox.
What happens to Office 365 mailbox when license is removed?
If you remove a user’s license, the user mailbox will no longer be able to sign in and use Exchange Online or Office 365. The user mailbox will remain in Exchange Online until it is deleted, permanently removed or purged by the Office 365 admin. You can reassign a license to the user and make the mailbox active again.