With that said, here are your best file-sharing options—and the features that set them apart.
- Firefox Send. Courtesy of Firefox. …
- Dropbox. Courtesy of Dropbox. …
- WeTransfer. Courtesy of WeTransfer. …
- Google Drive. Courtesy of Google. …
- OneDrive. Courtesy of OneDrive. …
- SendAnywhere. Courtesy of Send Anywhere. …
- iCloud. Courtesy of Apple.
How do I send a secure document electronically?
- Open or create a document with Microsoft Word.
- Select “File.”
- Select “Info.”
- Select “Protect Document.”
- Select “Encrypt with Password.”
- Enter your password and confirm it.
How do I send confidential documents securely?
Fax is the most secure way to send documents. Fax machines are far less connected than email accounts. And they’re basically immune to information theft scams. Since there are fewer ways to breach a fax connection, fax is one of the most secure ways to send sensitive information.
Use a Password Protected Cloud
The recommended method is to use alphabets in lower and upper case, symbols, and numbers in combination to share sensitive financial documents securely. Using a perfect combination in a password makes it virtually impossible for hackers to hack into your device.
Is it safe to send documents via email?
Turns out, by default—not at all. The truth is that email is not a secure channel for sending information. Therefore, you should never send sensitive data or information in an email, whether written in the body or as an attachment.
How do I send a PDF document securely?
Transfer PDFs more securely.
- Launch Acrobat DC and select the Protect tool from the Tools menu.
- Choose your protection settings. …
- Once you’ve protected your file, save it as a separate copy for safekeeping.
- Select Share With Others from the top toolbar.
- Add the recipients’ email addresses. …
- Select Send to share your file.
How do I email documents securely for free?
The Best Free Ways to Send Encrypted Email and Secure Messages
- Infoencrypt is a free, web-based service for easily securing your messages. …
- SafeGmail is a free extension for Google Chrome that allows you to send encrypted emails to anyone. …
- RMail allows you to easily send emails with end-to-end security and compliance.
Is Gmail safe to send documents?
Yes – Gmail uses the standard TLS encryption that automatically encrypts all outgoing emails. … Therefore it can be intercepted in the mail server. Besides, Google can still scan the information in a TLS-encrypted email and give it to third parties. So, it is not a reliable way to send secure emails and attachments.
What is the most secure way to transfer a file?
As a secure file transfer method, HTTPS is best for banking, sending payments, and transferring private or sensitive data from a user through a website. Any transfers requiring a password should only be sent using the HTTPS protocol.
Where are sensitive documents stored online?
For digital documents, storing your information in the cloud is another secure way to keep them safe. With an internet connection, companies like Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive are available with 24/7 access wherever you are.
Dropbox is a home for all your most valuable files. To keep your files safe, Dropbox is designed with multiple layers of protection, distributed across a scalable, secure infrastructure. … Dropbox files at rest are encrypted using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)