Connect to Personal Hotspot with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB
You can connect to a Personal Hotspot using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB. And with iOS 13 or later, devices that are connected to a Personal Hotspot will stay connected, even if the screen is locked, so those devices will still get notifications and messages.
Most Android phones can share mobile data by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB. Important: Some mobile carriers limit or charge extra for tethering. We recommend checking with your carrier.
How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
Can I give Wi-Fi from my iPhone?
You can use Personal Hotspot to share a cellular internet connection from your iPhone to other devices. Personal Hotspot is useful when the other devices don’t have internet access from a Wi-Fi network. Instant Hotspot allows you to connect your devices to Personal Hotspot without entering a password.
How do you airdrop WiFi?
- Make sure your device is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to share and go to Settings, Network and Internet (it might be called Connections depending on your device), then Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the cog next to your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Share icon on the right and you should see a QR code on the screen.
Can you hotspot WiFi?
You can use your phone’s mobile data to connect another phone, tablet or computer to the Internet. Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Some phones can share Wi-Fi connection by tethering. Most Android phones can share mobile data by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB.
On your Android go to Setting > Network and Internet > WiFi. Scroll down and look for WiFi preference option and tap on Advance, there you’ll find “WiFi Push Button” tap on that. Now go to your WiFi router, and press the WPS button (generally located on the back side).
Before starting, make sure that WiFi and Bluetooth are turned on both the phones, and your Apple ID is added to the other person’s Contacts app. Once the phones are close enough, you’ll automatically get a Share Password pop-up on your phone. Just click on Share, and you’re good to go.
How can I connect my iPhone to WiFi without password?
How Can I Connect To A Friend’s Wifi Without A Password?
- Open the home screen of your device.
- Go to the settings folder.
- Choose the internet and network settings option.
- Tap on the wifi field.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Press the connect by WPS button.
If you’re having trouble sharing WiFi password between the devices, here are a few ways to make it work: Restart the iPhone and another device. Make sure that both devices have the most recent software updates. To update your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
Can I use my iPhone as a WiFi extender?
YES, you can use your iPhone (4 and later) as a repeater but only after jailbreaking it (basically root access). After jailbreaking your iPhone, install MyWi 7 or PdaNet from the Cydia store and you can use them to either share the cellular data or an access point (wifi repeater).
How to find and share your Wi-Fi password on Android
- Open the settings on your device, then head to Network & Internet > Wi-Fi.
- Scroll past the current networks to Saved networks, then tap the network you’d like to share.
- Tap the Share button and you’ll see a QR code, which you can use to share the password.