To share files on a local network using the advanced sharing settings, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the item, and select the Properties option. …
- Click on the Sharing tab.
- Click the Advanced Sharing button. …
- Check the Share this folder option.
How do I access a folder on the same network?
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
In the browser address bar, enter 192.168. 3.1 to log in to the router’s web-based management page. Go to More Functions > Storage Sharing > File Sharing. Toggle File sharing on or off to enable or disable File Sharing (File Sharing is off by default).
How do I transfer files over WiFi?
How to Transfer Files From Android to Windows With Wi-Fi Direct
- Set your Android device as a mobile hotspot via Settings > Network & Internet > Hotspot & tethering. …
- Launch Feem on Android and Windows. …
- Send a file from Android to Windows using Wi-Fi Direct, choose the destination device, and tap Send File.
Alternatively, Select This PC from the left pane. Then, on the Computer tab, select Map network drive. 2. Under Drive, choose any letter, in the drop down box, under Folder, type in \ IP address of the server computer (i.e. where the shared folder is located).
Open the file that you’d like to share > tap the share icon > tap Nearby Share. Your phone will now start searching for devices nearby. The person you’re sending the file to will also need to enable Nearby Share on their Android phone. Once your phone detects the receiver’s phone, you simply tap their device name.
Creating a shared folder on a computer running Windows/Confirming a computer’s information
- Create a folder, just as you would create a normal folder, in a location of your choice on the computer.
- Right-click the folder, and then click [Sharing and Security].
- On the [Sharing] tab, select [Share this folder].
How to use Nearby Share on your Android phone
- Tap the share icon on something you want to share (it looks like three circles with lines connecting them).
- Swipe up on the Android share menu.
- Tap the Nearby Share icon.
- Tap Turn on to enable Nearby Share.
- Nearby Share will look for a contact to share your link with.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
Map a network drive in Windows
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar or the Start menu, or press the Windows logo key + E.
- Select This PC from the left pane. …
- In the Drive list, select a drive letter. …
- In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or computer, or select Browse to find the folder or computer. …
- Select Finish.
press Ctrl+L if you can’t type in the location bar. In shortcuts menu on top left, you have access to the shared folders on your network via the “Network” folder. You should see the PC you’re interested in there. you can also go to places->connect to server then choose windows share and then type the IP address..
How to share folders
- On your Android device, open the Google Driveapp.
- Next to the folder’s name, tap More .
- Tap Share .
- Type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose whether a person can view, comment, or edit the file, tap the Down arrow . …
- Tap Send.
Search for Control Panel in the start menu and open it. Here, go to “Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced sharing settings.” Connect both computers to a LAN cable. You can use any LAN cable (crossover cable or ethernet cable); it doesn’t matter on a modern computer.
To share files using the Share feature on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.