Sharing files using basic settings
- Open File Explorer on Windows 10.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the item, and select the Properties option. …
- Click on the Sharing tab.
- Click the Share button. …
- Use the drop-down menu to select the user or group to share a file or folder. …
- Click the Add button.
Launch File Explorer (you can press Win+E). Click “This PC” in the left sidebar, if File Explorer didn’t open to the This PC screen. At the top of the screen, click the “Map network drive” button in the “Network” toolbar section. Enter the address of your network share in the prompt which appears and click “Finish.”
Share a folder, drive, or printer
- Right-click the folder or drive you want to share.
- Click Properties. …
- Click Share this folder.
- In the appropriate fields, type the name of the share (as it appears to other computers), the maximum number of simultaneous users, and any comments that should appear beside it.
How can I access files on another computer on my network?
Open File Explorer and select a file or folder that you wish to give other computers access to. Click the “Share” tab and then choose which computers or which network to share this file with. Select “Workgroup” to share the file or folder with every computer on the network.
Why won’t my network and Sharing center open?
Go to Windows 10 Settings ( Win + I), and navigate to Network and Internet. At the end of the Status screen, click on the Network Reset link. It will reset everything to default, and you should access the classic Network and Sharing control panel.
How do I access network and Sharing center?
Simplest way to open Network and Sharing Center is to right click your network icon in the bottom right corner and select Open Network and Sharing Center. Another way to open Network and Sharing Center is to use Control Panel.
Open the file manager. Click “Other Locations” in the sidebar of the file manager. In the field “Connect to Server”, enter smb:// followed by the IP address of the computer with the shares you want to access (for example smb://192.168.10.20), and then click “Connect”.
Follow these steps to begin setting up the network:
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Under Network and Internet, click Choose Homegroup and sharing options. …
- In the Homegroup settings window, click Change advanced sharing settings. …
- Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing. …
- Click Save changes.
Share a link:
- In a shared drive, choose an option: …
- At the top, click Share .
- (Optional) To specify what people can do with your file or folder when you share it, under your organization name, click Change: …
- Click Copy link.
- Click Done.
- Paste the link in an email, on a website, or wherever you need to share it.
- Connect both computers to the same WiFi router.
- Enable File and Printer Sharing on both computers. If you right click on a file or folder from either computer and choose to Share it, you will be prompted to turn on File and Printer Sharing. …
- View the Available Network computers from either computer.
To share files using the Share feature on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.