Go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Home Sharing. Select Turn on Home Sharing. Sign in with your Apple ID. Use the same Apple ID for every computer or device on your Home Sharing network.
How do I use nearby sharing on my iPhone?
Nearby Share works very much like Apple’s AirDrop feature for the iPhone: you simply select the Nearby Share button on the share menu and then wait for a nearby phone to appear. Then whatever thing you’re sharing is sent directly over your transfer method of choice to the other phone.
Why can’t I turn on Home Sharing on my iPhone?
Make sure Home Sharing is enabled on your devices
iPhone or iPad: Go to Settings → Music or Settings → Videos and turn on the Home Sharing toggle switch. Apple TV (4th Gen): Go to Settings → Accounts → Home Sharing and turn on Home Sharing.
How do I turn on nearby sharing on my iPad?
To enable and configure Nearby Sharing from the Settings app, head to Settings > System > Shared Experiences and turn on the “Nearby Sharing” toggle.
How do I turn on nearby sharing?
Turn on Nearby Share .
- On your Android device, open Files by Google .
- At the top left, tap Menu Settings .
- Scroll to Nearby Share .
- Turn on Nearby Share .
How do I turn on nearby sharing in Action Center?
How to enable Nearby sharing using Action Center
- Open Action Center (Windows key + A).
- In the Quick actions section, click the Nearby sharing button. Enable Nearby sharing using Action Center.
How do I get home sharing to work?
Turn on Home Sharing
- In the iTunes app on your PC, choose File > Home Sharing > Turn On Home Sharing.
- Type your Apple ID and password, then click Turn On Home Sharing. If you don’t have an Apple ID, click Create New Apple ID and follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I turn on content sharing?
To turn SmartShare on and allow content sharing
- To access this application, from the Home screen, tap Apps > SmartShare .
- Tap the Menu Key > Settings.
- Tap Discoverable to checkmark it which enables your device to be detected by other devices.
What does home sharing mean on iPhone?
When connected to the same Wi-Fi network and using the same Apple ID, Home Sharing allows you to view and play the iTunes Library that’s located on a computer or stored on an external hard drive, on other computers or iOS devices. …
What is AirPlay on an iPhone?
AirPlay lets you share videos, photos, music, and more from Apple devices to your Apple TV, favorite speakers, and popular smart TVs. And what you share always stays personal and private.
Why is my nearby sharing not working?
Turn on Nearby Sharing
Inside Settings, go to Connected devices > Connection preferences. Tap on Nearby Share and enable the toggle on the next screen. Alternatively, go to Settings > Google > Device connections > Nearby Share. Turn on the toggle on the next screen.
Nearby Share: Supported devices
- Go to your phone’s Settings > scroll down a bit > select Google.
- Tap Device Connections.
- If your phone does support Nearby Share, you’ll find the option on the next page.
- Now go ahead and Tap Nearby Share to customise its settings.
- You can turn it on or off.
With AirDrop for Android, you can share just about anything including links, videos, photos, documents, and more. That said, whenever you want to send something with a family, friend, or colleague nearby, whether it’s a link to a document, PDF file, or location in Google Maps, simply access the ”Share” button.
If you are experiencing issues Quick Sharing content between your compatible devices, ensure that both devices are running on their most latest software. Please also try Restarting your device to refresh all previously loaded background processes and retry the above steps.
Nearby Share uses Bluetooth to create a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi network between the devices. For years, Android users wished to have an AirDrop-like feature that let them quickly and easily share files between Android devices. Now Google has developed Nearby Share for Android, a feature that works similar to Apple AirDrop.