Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot. For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share. Select Edit > enter a new network name and password > Save. Turn on Share my Internet connection with other devices.
To share files using the Share feature on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.
How do I access another computer on the same Network?
Open File Explorer and select a file or folder that you wish to give other computers access to. Click the “Share” tab and then choose which computers or which network to share this file with. Select “Workgroup” to share the file or folder with every computer on the network.
How do I access a network drive outside of network?
Double click on File Explorer icon in lower left of screen. Right click on Computer (Windows 8) or This PC (Windows 10) – select Map network drive. Click on Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures.
How do I see other computers on my network Windows 10?
To find other devices in the network, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Click on Network from the left pane.
- See computers available in the local network. Network view in File Explorer.
- Double-click the device to access its shared resources, such as shared folders or shared printers.
How do I turn on network and Sharing Center in Windows 10?
In Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 you must right-click the network icon, on the right side of the taskbar, then click or tap on ” Open Network and Sharing Center”. The third way is to go to “Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center”. This works in all versions of Windows.
Share a hard drive with everyone on your Wi-Fi network
- Step 1: Choose your drive. The drive you share can be as small as thumb drive, or as large as a 3TB external hard drive. …
- Step 2: Enable USB drive sharing. …
- Step 3: Access the drive.
What is network sharing?
Network sharing is a feature that allows resources to be shared over a network, be they files, documents, folders, media, etc. … By connecting a device to a network, other users/devices in the network can share and exchange information through this network. Network sharing is also known as shared resources.
How do I share files or folders over a network now?
- Right-click or press a file, select Give access to > Specific people.
- Select a file, select the Share tab at the top of File Explorer, and then in the Share with section select Specific people.
You should use VPN to access the network your server is placed, then you would be able to access the shared folder. Other ways to do this is with WebDAV, FTP etc.
How can I access my company network from home?
How does it work?
- Open Remote Desktop Connection on your computer.
- Type in your organisation’s public IP address and click connect.
- Enter your organisation’s username and password.