Select Start, and then select Settings > System > Nearby sharing. Under Nearby sharing, choose the devices you want to be able to share or receive content from.
How do I turn on nearby sharing in Windows?
On the taskbar, click the notification center icon, and then click the Nearby sharing and Bluetooth tiles. Ensure that both computers have these two functions enabled. Open and right-click the file you want to share, and select Share. The computer will automatically scan for nearby computers.
In order to use Nearby Share, first ensure that Bluetooth and Location are both enabled in the pull-down shade on your Android device. You can send a file using Nearby Share through any app that supports the built-in Android share feature.
How do I set up nearby sharing?
How to use Nearby Share on your Android phone
- Tap the share icon on something you want to share (it looks like three circles with lines connecting them).
- Swipe up on the Android share menu.
- Tap the Nearby Share icon.
- Tap Turn on to enable Nearby Share.
- Nearby Share will look for a contact to share your link with.
How do I turn on nearby sharing Action Center?
How to enable Nearby sharing using Action Center
- Open Action Center (Windows key + A).
- In the Quick actions section, click the Nearby sharing button. Enable Nearby sharing using Action Center.
To share a file with Nearby sharing on Windows 11, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the path where the file is located. …
- Select the file and click the Share button from the command bar. …
- Under the “Nearby sharing” section, select the device to transfer the file.
How to Turn on Nearby Sharing in Windows 10
- Click the Start button, choose the Settings icon, and choose the System category. …
- Choose Shared Experiences from the left pane. …
- Click the Nearby Sharing toggle to On. …
- Choose who can send or receive shared items. …
- Choose the folder where the incoming files should appear.
Why is nearby sharing not working?
Turn on Nearby Sharing
Inside Settings, go to Connected devices > Connection preferences. Tap on Nearby Share and enable the toggle on the next screen. Alternatively, go to Settings > Google > Device connections > Nearby Share. Turn on the toggle on the next screen.
To share files using the Share feature on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the folder location with the files.
- Select the files.
- Click on the Share tab. …
- Click the Share button. …
- Select the app, contact, or nearby sharing device. …
- Continue with the on-screen directions to share the content.
How do I enable nearby sharing in Chrome?
Open Chrome on your Chromebook and type chrome://flags in the address bar. When the flags window appears, type Nearby in the search box. The Nearby Sharing option should appear (Figure A). The Nearby Sharing configuration option is ready to be enabled.